Careers at Terra Associates
Periodically we will have various career opportunities available for qualified individuals.
Terra Associates is always interested in adding qualified individuals to our team. At Terra we offer a place to learn, grow, and expand your skills. Valued positions at Terra include: Civil and Transportation Engineers, Landscape Architects, EITs, CAD Designers, and Drafters. If you are interested in joining us at Terra, please submit your resume. All resume submissions are kept confidential.
Thank you for your interest in Terra Associates, Inc.
We have the following career opportunity:
Landscape CAD Designer – Entry Level
Full Time, Houston, TX, US
Terra Associates has built a great reputation with their clients and has been in the design consulting industry for over 40 years. The Landscape Architecture Department became a part of in-house services nearly 10 years ago and has been growing ever since. As a multi-discipline firm the benefits of in-house coordination result in happy repeat clients. In addition to these great qualities, Terra Associates provides a generous benefits package and a relaxed office environment that makes for a great place to work. We are looking for a candidate to join our growing team. There is a lot of room for advancement so apply today.
The desired candidates will:
- Be an ambitious, goal-setting, self-starter
- Possess creative problem-solving skills
- Be able to complete tasks that meet assigned deadlines and requirements.
- Be capable of preparing detailed construction documents such as planting plans, irrigation plans, and construction details.
- Must have the ability to draft professional emails
- Position requires strong communication skills with team members, clients, and governmental agencies.
- Have a strong understanding of construction detail development
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, and Land F/X
- Ability to use Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp is a plus.
- Knowledge of plant material and irrigation is a plus
Education, certification, and experience:
- Certification in CAD Drafting/Design
- 3-5 years in CAD Design
- 3-5 years in Landscape-related industry
- Competitive Salary
- 4.5 Day Work Week (office closes at noon every Friday)
- 401k with employer match up to 5%. All matched contributions are 100% vested immediately.
- Eight (8) standard holidays per year.
- 40 hours paid sick leave provided per year to use as PTO
- 80 hours paid vacation is provided per year;
- Employer pays Employee’s Health Insurance Coverage. Spouse & Family coverage available.
- Employer funded HSA Account to cover 2/3rds Employee annual deductible.
- Employer pays Life Insurance Policy, Long-Term Disability Insurance and AD&D.
- Dental, Supplemental Life, AD&D and Short-Term Disability are available.
- Professional Development & Training Provided
- Relaxed Atmosphere